The specification for this job was to paint a sitting room and bedroom and build a fitted wardrobe. Some project management was also required regarding plastering, electrics, plumbing and having a damp course installed. As the client lives in London, I helped source tradesmen, organised access and provided feedback to the client regarding the work done.
The brief for this job was to design a mobile desk unit, incorporating drawers, shelves, a pull out laptop drawer and an area for a printer and modem. The client worked from home and had limited space so it needed to be on wheels so it could be moved out of the way during non-work hours. The client chose high grade birch ply for the material, which I varnished.
My client had bought an old map chest that didn’t have any handles or a top that she wanted to use as a coffee table. I made a top out of mdf, painted a blue border/frame around the sides, glued a Metropolitan Museum of Art poster she had onto it and sealed it with an acrylic varnish. I then made some handles for it. It was in quite bad shape, so I sanded it down, stained and waxed it.
This planter was made with pine, stained with wood preserver on the inside and painted with exterior Farrow and Ball eggshell. It can be made to any size and painted in different colours. It can also be made with different materials, such as left over decking.
Oak dining table
This nest of side tables was made from oak and stained. I fitted a Lazy Susan to the base so they could be swivelled round easily when they needed to be stacked or un-stacked.
I also designed a hallway console table (above) for the client.
This empty unit needed to be spray painted with an industrial airless sprayer, using an anti-bacterial paint. I used a scaffolding tower to access the top of the walls. The breeze blocks needed to be filled and mist coated before the two top coats were applied.
Special care needed to be taken around the top of the support columns to avoid over-spray. Great care needed to be taken to protect the newly coated, specialist resin flooring.
This project was completed when I worked for a company specialising in designing and building furniture for post production companies in Soho, London. My job was to build and install the projects, from single desks to whole studios, leading a team of craftsmen and liaising closely with the client, electricians, wire men, architects and acoustic engineers.
This project was to help design storage for the bedroom, enabling maxi mum space utility. The client told me what needed to be stored and I designed the interior accordingly. I made the shelving adjustable so that she could change it around if needed. There was no space in the bedroom for a full length mirror so I sourced a mirror and fixings and attached it to the inside of one of the doors. The tv unit needed to house a dvd player and dvd’s, so I again installed adjustable shelving. I also fixed the heavy duty tv bracket to the wall. The material used was MDF, which I then primed with MDF primer and painted with Dulux Acrylic Eggshell.