Code of Conduct
- when meeting a customer for the first time, I will arrive at the time agreed;
- show my membership identification card;
- act in a professional manner;
- inform the customer of my availability and an estimated start date;
- agree details in respect of property security whilst undertaking work;
- discuss any special concerns which the customer may have, with such concerns confirmed in writing;
- be honest and courteous in all my dealings with the customer and those involved in the job;
- take due care and attention of customer property at all times and provide adequate protection for all surfaces, fixtures and fittings;
- adhere to any special instructions agreed and laid out in the job specification.
- will not use customer facilities or consume customer food and drink without permission.
- check regularly during the job that the customer is happy with the progress and quality of the work;
- undertake a day-end routine that leaves the job in a clean and tidy condition;
- on completion, ensure the property is left clean and tidy with all waste removed;
- complete the work on time and inspect the work with the customer at the end of the job;
- abide by the Membership Rules of the Dulux Select Decorator Scheme and Which?
The business always endeavours to provide the best service. However, on rare occasions there may be times where a customer may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure the business can put things right for you, as soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out based on the contract terms and to the high standards the business aims to achieve.
Please contact the business straight away with any concerns either by phone, email or write to us. If writing, get proof of posting.
Business Complaints Procedure
On receipt of your complaint the business aims to respond within 5 days.
The business will arrange a convenient date to come and view and/or remedy the situation.
In the unlikely event the business is unable to resolve your complaint having exhausted the business complaints procedure, it may be necessary to use another complaint service. Where the business cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction and/or agree to the final resolution requests confirmed to us; and both parties agree a ‘deadlock’ has been reached, you can then escalate your complaint.
The business has access to an Ombudsman service for our domestic installation, service, repair and maintenance contracts as part of the Which? Trusted Traders Endorsement. If you choose to you can refer your complaint to the Dispute Resolution Ombudsman. Before the Dispute Resolution Ombudsman can deal with your complaint you will need to contact Which? Trusted Traders on 0117 456 6031 who can explain if you are eligible to use the Ombudsman’s services.